Not Always A Numbers Game

Stauffer Creek, AB

I find it funny how some fly fishermen are all about the numbers game. Showing off their catch but never post anything related to the days when they are just enjoying the beauty of the sport. The whole point of being a fly fishing person is to get away from what I call the "Bass Pro" crowd. Don't get me wrong I still get jazzed about catching fish. But I also take comfort in just being out on the water just for being out on the water.
This past weekend just proves my point. The father in law and I went on a cabin fever mission to a little Alberta creek know to the locals as "Stauffer Creek." I have posted related articles about this creek as it hold a special place in my heart. Not because its loaded with beautiful Alberta Brown Trout but more so because of the sure beauty of this small creek.



 The two of us didn't catch a single fish but that's not what I will take away from days like that. What I will remember most was the twenty above zero weather, for March in Alberta is like winning the lotto, seeing the odd fish rise, beer O'clock, casting a new rod, and good company. The good company part is questionable at times ha ha! Can't wait to do it all again, maybe next month if the weather keep it up and we don't get the surprise spring snow fall we all dread, cheers!

Gearing Up!

George's Weapon Of Choice
Kev's Weapon Of Choice


Old Pro George - Beer O'clock

Waiting For A Take To "Brown Town"
First Day In Review

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Arizona Fly Fishing - Lees Ferry - The Colorado River - And An Astronaut?

Rain - Pain - GAINS

2019 Fishing Season Review